Super Salmon Cakes
- 1 salmon fillet sprinkle with all seasons salt and lemon juice and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees
- 1 yukon gold potato chop and steam until tender, about 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup feta cheese optional
- lemon juice to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon All Seasons Salt I buy this at Whole Foods
Saute red bell pepper and onion until tender, about 10 minutes.
In a bowl combine cooked salmon (flaked into bowl) and potato. Add egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, bell pepper, onion and seasoning. Mix to combine. Add squeeze of lemon.
Form into small patties---like a small pancake. Use pan or griddle to cook--about 4 minutes per side. You don't have to fry these--I use a pancake griddle and give it a little spray of cooking oil on each side.
Image credit: Richard Fraley