Better Than Botox Facial Scrub
Currently we are living in Argentina and while the experience has been great for our personal development, life experience and overall enjoyment—it’s been terrible for my beauty regimen. Quality non-toxic products are hard to source here and when I find something “natural” it’s usually very expensive and poor quality. As a result my poor skin has seen better days. Over the last year my skin has felt tired and in desperate need of a lift. And since I usually say no to chemicals, Botox is out of the question. So a “Better than Botox” facial scrub was the next best thing.
A few weeks ago I decided to take matters into my own hands and started making homemade skin care a priority. We’ve been using more and more essential oils in our house for all sorts of purposes. From fighting colds to better quality sleep, we love experimenting with EOs. And lately I’ve been using them to give my face a much needed anti-aging weekly treatment. To make my Better than Botox Facial Scrub I combine 2 essential oils that support great looking skin: lavender and frankincense. Combine this Better than Botox facial scrub with my SUPER BOTOX tip at the bottom of this post and you’ll have baby smooth skin in no time.
Better Than Botox Facial Scrub
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 drop of pure lavender essential oil
- Combine the baking soda and honey together until it looks like a paste. Add one drop each of lavender and frankincense essential oils.
- Place a warm washcloth over your face and hold on skin for a minute or so to open up your pores.
- Gently rub face with facial scrub using small circular motions (be gentle with your skin!). Keep massaging skin with scrub for 3-5 minutes to fully remove dead skin from face and to let the essential oils work their magic.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Your face may be red for a bit but this will wear off.
- Use this scrub no more than 1-2 times a week.
- This scrub is alkaline to the skin, so to even out your pH it is a good idea to splash your face with rosewater afterwards. This will naturally balance your skin.
Now for my SUPER BOTOX hint.
Glowing skin originates from inside the body so here is my number one tip for healthy, firm skin. HYDRATE! I know, I know…water is boring and old news. But trust me, hydration is the foundation for good looking skin because it helps cleanse the liver. The health of your liver is what dictates the health of your skin. My favorite way to hydrate is with lemon water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This helps flush my liver at the beginning of the day. I have also found that drinking fresh aloe water helps my skin look younger, too. I buy a whole aloe leaf at the health food store and add about 2 tablespoons to my lemon water in the morning (I have to blend the water, lemon and aloe to get it to combine). I don’t consume aloe everyday, normally 2-3 times a week. Aloe also helps your digestive health so it’s a win/win. Try this recipe for aloe water and see what you think. Don’t want to buy fresh aloe? Then try this brand of aloe juice.
Do you love making your own homemade personal care products?