Better Than Botox Facial Scrub
Currently we are living in Argentina and while the experience has been great for our personal development, life experience and overall enjoyment—it’s been terrible for my beauty regimen. Quality non-toxic products are hard to source here and when I find something “natural” it’s usually very expensive and poor quality. As a result my poor skin has seen better days. Over the last year my skin has felt tired and in desperate need of a lift.
OK, maybe it’s because I’m getting older too 🙂
So a few weeks ago I decided to take matters into my own hands and started making skin care a priority. We’ve been using more and more essential oils in our house for all sorts of purposes. From fighting colds to better quality sleep… we love experimenting with essential oils. And lately I’ve been using them to give my face a much needed anti-aging weekly treatment. To make my Better than Botox Facial Scrub I combine 3 essential oils that support great looking skin: lavender, frankincense and geranium. Combine this better than Botox facial scrub with my SUPER BOTOX tip at the bottom of this post and you’ll have baby smooth skin in no time.
Better Than Botox Facial Scrub
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 drop of therapeutic grade lavender essential oil (where to buy therapeutic grade essential oils here)
1 drop therapeutic grade frankincense essential oil (where to buy therapeutic grade essential oils here)
1 drop of therapeutic grade geranium essential oil (where to buy therapeutic grade essential oils here)
- Combine the baking soda and honey together until it looks like a paste. Add one drop each of lavender, geranium and frankincense essential oils.
- Place a warm washcloth over your face and hold on skin for a minute or so to open up your pores.
- Gently rub face with facial scrub using small circular motions (be gentle with your skin!). Keep massaging skin with scrub for 3-5 minutes to fully remove dead skin from face and to let the essential oils work their magic.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Your face may be red for a bit but this will wear off.
- Use this scrub no more than 1-2 times a week.
- This scrub is alkaline to the skin, so to even out your pH it is a good idea to splash your face with rosewater afterwards. This will naturally balance your skin.
Now for my SUPER BOTOX hint.
Glowing skin originates from inside the body so here is my number one tip for healthy, firm skin. Drink a cup of my tasty bone broth daily. Bone broth (let’s call it Botox broth from now on, shall we?) contains natural collagen that works to improve skin quality. The collagen protein is too large to be absorbed by the skin so those anti-aging lotions and potions are selling you false advertising! To truly get the benefits of collagen you must take it internally through food and drink. Think of bone broth as your Botox in a mug! Want a little extra natural collagen? Add this grass-fed gelatin to your coffee, smoothies or even your cup of broth! You can also use this gelatin to make my homemade fruit snacks.
Do you love making your own homemade personal care products?