This “milkshake” is Kula Baby’s new favorite summer treat. He thinks he’s getting some sort of chocolate-flavored ice cream and I’m in no hurry to tell him otherwise. This smoothie is a perfect blend of protein and sweet. It’s also so refreshing on a warm summer day. The ground flaxseeds offer brain-building omega 3s (remember to grind them just before adding to the smoothie) and the raw cacao powder provides a big helping of antioxidants.
And the best part…it ALMOST tastes like ice cream! Enjoy!
Kula Baby’s Favorite Milkshake
- 1 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds full of omega-3 fats!
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 banana we freeze our bananas for this but you can use unfrozen too
- 1/4-1/2 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon protein powder
- dash cinnamon (optional)
Place all ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth. Taste it and feel free to add more of a certain ingredient if you like. You can also try adding different combinations of fruit to change it up from time to time.