When all else fails, I go to the sweet potato because Kula Baby always loves them. This is a great recipe for the young babies out there. For older children, this recipe makes a great side dish. Spinach adds the green, while avocado adds a healthy omega-6 fat. And the sweet potato makes it super…duper…yummy. You can change this recipe up to meet your own child’s preference. Lately we’ve been leaving out the avocado and mixing in a little coconut oil or olive oil instead. Get creative!
- 1 small sweet potato, baked for 45 min to an hour depending on size (or peel, chop and steam in steamer basket if in a hurry)
- ½ cup fresh organic spinach
- ¼ cup milk or coconut milk
- ¼ of an avocado (optional)
- Butter and salt (optional and use when age appropriate if desired)
- Add baked sweet potato, raw organic spinach, avocado and milk to blender and mix to desired consistency. Add a little salt and butter if desired for older children.