Super Salmon Cakes
- 1 salmon fillet (sprinkle with all seasons salt and lemon juice and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees)
- 1 yukon gold potato (chop and steam until tender, about 10 minutes)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup feta cheese (optional)
- Lemon juice to taste
- ½ teaspoon All Seasons Salt (I buy this at Whole Foods)
- Saute red bell pepper and onion until tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl combine cooked salmon (flaked into bowl) and potato. Add egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, bell pepper, onion and seasoning. Mix to combine. Add squeeze of lemon.
- Form into small patties---like a small pancake. Use pan or griddle to cook--about 4 minutes per side. You don't have to fry these--I use a pancake griddle and give it a little spray of cooking oil on each side.
Image credit: Richard Fraley