You can never have enough snack recipes on hand when trying to keep up with a child’s fast metabolism. These Roasted Veggie Fries are a great snack for both kids and adults. They take about 35 minutes to prepare from start to finish. Loaded with immune-boosting carotenes, these fries help keep your children healthy….and happily fed.
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 yam
- 1 beet
- ½ teaspoon each: chopped sage, thyme and flat leaf parsley.
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons unrefined, organic coconut oil (melted).
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees
- Cut potatoes, yams and beets into ½ inch strips. Toss melted coconut oil, veggies, salt and spices in a bowl. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking and spread veggies evenly. Cook for 20-25 minutes. Stir the veggies occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Cool and serve as bite-sized snacks!