1 head of broccoli, chopped and lightly steamed
2 cups cooked spiral pasta (boil in water for 9 minutes and drain)
1/2 cup pesto (recipe below)
1/2 cup chicken, chopped and cooked (can stir fry or bake this)
Pine nuts for topping
Place steamed broccoli, chicken and cooked pasta in a bowl and toss with pesto. Top with pine nuts.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano, Romano, or sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup spinach
In food processor combine all ingredients except the oil and combine. While food processor is running, stream in the oil until you reach desired consistency.