I love pesto. Kula Baby seems to love pesto, too. This is an easy mix of ingredients to put together in your food processor and add to pasta, veggies, crackers, etc. Kula Baby ate this pesto spread on cucumber slices and loved it. I also use it as a base for homemade pizza.
I’m going to guess on the ingredient quantities here because I normally don’t measure anything so feel free to play around with it!
- ½-3/4 cup of raw walnuts (soaked overnight)
- handful of spinach leaves
- 5 big leaves of basil
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- ½ cup (ish) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- I blend all the ingredients (except the olive oil) in a food processor and then stream in the olive oil until the pesto is the right consistency. So good and good for you!
- Variation: try adding avocado to the mix for a creamier dip!
Photo: Bloggy Boulga